General Terms - Best Western Travel Card
Best Western Travel Card purchased from Best Western hotels in Finland, the Baltic States and Poland as well as from Best Western Hotels Finland, Baltic States and Poland apply to these rules and conditions.
The Best Western Travel Card is referred to herein as the 'Travel Card' or collectively as 'Travel Cards.
- The Travel Card is a stored value card and is fully transferable.
- Travel Cards can contain either currencies or units.
- Travel Cards are issued in the form of a physical plastic card.
- Travel Cards issued for consideration carry no expiration date.
- In limited circumstances, Travel Cards provided as promotional awards or otherwise for promotional purposes may contain an expiration date.
- Travel Cards are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Travel Cards are not exchangeable for cash in part or other substitutions and no change will be given.
- In the United States and Canada no more than $1,000 may be associated with any Travel Card in a 24 hour period. No individual or entity may purchase more than $10,000 in Travel Cards in a 24 hour period.
- Travel Cards may not be used for third party services, prepaid reservations made through third party online travel agencies, and/or third partyconcessions located at Best Western® branded hotels.
Currency Loaded Travel Card
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be purchased at participating Best Western branded hotels worldwide, online at
- www.travelcard.bestwestern.com, through participating travel professionals, through Travel Card Customer Service, or approved retailers.
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be used toward Best Western hotel charges (any eligible service managed or operated by a Best Western branded hotel) and any applicable taxes. They may not be accepted at concessions located at a hotel not owned, operated or managed by that Best Western branded hotel.
- For currency loaded Travel Cards there is no advance reservation required.
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be redeemed at all Best Western branded hotels worldwide.
- If a Travel Card is loaded in a currency other than the local currency of the Best Western branded hotel, the Travel Card is still redeemable and the currency will be converted within the Best Western system.
Unit Loaded Travel Card
- Unit Travel Cards can be purchased through authorized travel professionals only.
- Unit Travel Cards hold units that can only be used toward room purchase plus related room or occupancy tax and breakfast (breakfast only applicable to hotels in Europe) at Best Western branded hotels (excluding incidentals, gratuities, VAT, GST and other taxes which may apply).
- Units apply to double occupancy (single occupancy unit levels are available in Europe). Additional charge per (adult) person is one unit.
- For Unit Travel Cards, advance reservations based on AC/UC rate code are required (rooms subject to availability).
- Call Travel Card Customer Service (see contact information below) to check procedures or visit www.travelcard.bestwestern.com to find out how many Units are needed to stay at your hotel(s) of choice.
- Travel Cards loaded with special units may come under specific terms and condititions. In such cases those specific terms will be attached to the Travel Card.
Plastic Travel Cards
- Plastic Travel Cards purchased via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com can be reloaded directly via the web site, by calling Travel Card Customer
- Service (see contact information below) or at participating Best Western branded hotels worldwide (excluding Europe).
- Plastic Travel Cards ordered via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com or through Travel Card Customer Service, are available in any desired amount between EUR 25 and EUR 1,000 or equivalent in other currencies.
- The purchaser is responsible for providing an accurate mailing address and email address. Delivery of a plastic Travel Card to an incorrect but deliverable address or a non existent address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Purchasing a Travel Card via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com or Best Western Customer Service
- If a purchaser uses a credit card (e.g., American Express, MasterCard, etc.) to purchase a Travel Card in a currency other than USD, such currency must be converted to USD and may be subject to a conversion fee.
- Fee(s) subject to prevailing conversion rates. Please check with your credit card provider for more information.
- Fees for international credit card transactions may appear depending on services provided by purchaser's local bank.
- Please consult your credit card provider for specific details regarding applicable International fees.
Purchases via Travel Professionals and other channels
- If a Travel Card is purchased or reloaded through a Travel Agent, reservations should be made exclusively by the Travel Agent or by the consumer contacting Best Western directly (see contact information below).
- Travel Cards purchased through other distribution channels can only be reloaded by the issuing office.
Use of the Travel Card at a Best Western hotel
- At time of check in, guests must present their Travel Card and a personal credit card or other form of payment guarantee.
- Best Western reserves the right to request a form of security deposit in advance for expenses not covered by the Travel Card.
- Travel Cards cannot be used as a form of advance deposit or guarantee for room reservations.
- The value available on the card will be reduced by the total charges/units. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to keep track of the value of their Travel Card. Travel Card balances can be tracked online at www.travelcard.bestwestern.com. The balance may also be checked by calling Travel Card Customer Service (see contact information below).
++ 800 22 73 28 85 within Europe and most other countries, or call your local Best Western reservations office
Best Western Travel Cards ordered worldwide (except for Europe) are issued in Arizona, USA. The laws of the state of Arizona, USA, govern all terms and conditions of the Best Western Travel Cards issued in Arizona, USA. Best Western Travel Cards ordered in Europe are issued in Europe. For Travel Cards issued in Europe, the laws of Switzerland govern all terms and conditions. Each Travel Card is subject to the terms and conditions published at www.travelcard.bestwestern.com. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Terms are void where prohibited by law. © 2013 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Currency Loaded Best Western Travel Card
Currency loaded Best Western Travel Cards can be purchased at participating Best Western branded hotels worldwide, online at www.travelcard.bestwestern.com, through participating travel professionals, through Travel Card Customer Service, or approved retailers.
Currency loaded Travel Cards can be used toward Best Western hotel charges (any eligible service managed or operated by a Best Western branded hotel) and any applicable taxes. They may not be accepted at concessions located at a hotel not owned, operated or managed by that Best Western branded hotel.
For currency loaded Travel Cards there is no advance reservation required.
Currency loaded Travel Cards can be redeemed at all Best Western branded hotels worldwide.
If a Travel Card is loaded in a currency other than the local currency of the Best Western branded hotel, the Travel Card is still redeemable and the currency will be converted within the Best Western system.
Best Western Travel Card Rules & Conditions
Best Western Advance Programme
With the Best Western Advance Programme travel planning is made easy. You can enjoy a variety of hotels offering great hotel rates, uniform standards, friendly service and distinctive local charm.
All travelers who wish to pre-pay for their accommodations at participating Best Western hotels in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Pre-pay for your hotel room reservation, room tax and local service charges using Best Western Travel Card Units.
- Generous breakfast included with each hotel room reservation.
- There is no need to carry large amounts of cash or
- Hotel accommodations can be booked in advance to guarantee availability.
How it works
- Each Best Western hotel offers rooms in pre-paid unit increments (the required number of units can be found in our Best Western Advance Directory).
- Simply make a hotel reservation in advance by calling one of our toll-free line
- A Unit Travel Card must be presented at time of check-in; purchase units through Best Western contract partners worldwide
- The programme is subject to availability.
- Hotel rates are accurate at time of printing.
Hotels participating in this program are divided into categories; each category regulates the appropriate number of Units required per room per night including breakfast. Each participating Best Western hotel offers a unit rate between 3 and 15 units per night per double room and 2 to 14 units per night in a single room. Best Western Advance Units can be used to pay for your accommodation, applicable room taxes and local service charges. A generous breakfast is always included in the price making this an excellent deal.
Third person: Simply add 1 unit per night to the double room rate.
Children: There is no additional charge for one child up to the age of 12 and under sharing a double room with 2 paying adults; including breakfast and rollaway bed (if available).
Things to know
• The Best Western Advance unit rate for a stay in your preferred hotel needs to be pre-booked.
• A Unit Travel Card needs to be presented to the hotel at time of check-in.
• Arrive at your chosen hotel before 4 p.m.
• For late arrival advise the hotel in advance and secure the booking with your credit card number.
• The program is available on a limited number of rooms and may be restricted during fairs, special events or festivities.
Find general Best Western Travel Card rules & conditions here.
This article is translated from the original text posted on our Finnish page.
Our regional hotels welcome members of ARC, AAA and CAA to explore the great roads in Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland! Save 10% on the Best Available Rate (lowest rate for which no specific conditions or restrictions apply) when staying in our hotels!
All members of Automobile Clubs bearing the Show your Card! or Show Your Card & Save® logo on their membership cards
- In Europe: all European Clubs belonging to ARC Europe
- In America : AAA, CAA and most South American clubs
- A range of clubs in Asia, Africa and Australia
As a member of one of these clubs you are entitled to book:
- The ARC Europe Show your Card! rate (SYC) in Best Western hotels in Europe and in Asia
- The AAA Show Your Card & Save® rate (AAA rate) in the United States, Canada and South America (Argentina, Chili, Colombia, Uruguay, Suriname, Venezuela and Brazil)
- Both rates are 10% off the Best Available Rate and are upon availability.
How it works
Reservations must be made in advance by booking online or calling the toll-free number.
The Show your Card! and AAA Show Your Card & Save® rates are subject to availability.
- The Show your Card! rate is unavailable in USA & Canada. Please look for the AAA rate to book a hotel in one of these destinations.
- You will be required to present your club membership card upon check in.
Best Western Travel Card® - the gift that takes you to places!
The Best Western Travel Card® can be redeemed at participating Best Western hotels worldwide, which makes them convenient traveling partners. Best Western Travel Card® can be loaded with currency or Best Western Advance -units.
Best Western Travel Card® is ideal for:
- Performance recognition
- Sales incentives
- Business gifts
- Non-sales recognition awards
- Service awards
- New hires
- New business generation
- Employee retention/appreciation
- On-the-spot recognition
- Customer thank you gifts
- Sales promotions
- Gifts for special occasions
Best Western Travel Card ® can also be an option for small and medium size companies as a tool to control travel expenses.
- 65+ years old* senior globe trotters are entitled to a minimum 10% discount on hotel room rates.
- Best Western Rewards members are entitled to points/miles for the stay.
- Simply make a hotel reservation online or call our toll-free line, request for Senior Rate.
- You will be asked to provide proof of age at check-in.
* Also applies to AARP members.
Breakfast does not include in the rate in BEST WESTERN Apartments Levi Snow White and BEST WESTERN Ukkohalla Chalets.
Let us pamper you to enjoy your ride! Read more about our Biker Pass campaign!
Best Western hotels offer motorbikers a great place to stay after a long day on the road. Biker Pass campaign includes accommodation, breakfast and a free parking for the bike!
- The season starts from April 1st and ends in September. The free night can be used by the end of September 2014.
- We recommend booking the hotel in advance, it can always be cancelled. With Biker Pass you will be receiving -15% from Best Available Rate.
- Breakfast is included in the price and free parking.
- Give passport to the receptionist when checking in. You will be receiving stamp/room/night.
- Ask tips for sightseeing routes, gas stations etc. from the front desk.
- No Rewards points.
- Via Baltica (E67) is a great way to explore Finland, the Baltics and Poland.
Book a room – Book your room via our site with special campaign code your get with the Biker Pass or call our toll-free line.
Book a free night: Contact the hotel directly and mention you want to book a free night for full Biker Pass. Leave the full pass to the front desk when checking-in. If you do not get full pass, you are entitled to the other benefits anyway!
Note: Biker Pass reservations require that you will be arriving with motorbike.
Stay 3 pay for 2
Stay longer at the beautiful Kraków it is worth it!
Choose one of our Hotel with a special deal 3=2 and receive one night free!
BEST WESTERN Krakow Old Town
BEST WESTERN Hotel Galicya
Hotels focuse on high quality service, comfortable rooms and delicious catering.
• 3 nights stay minimum required:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday – at the BEST WESTERN Krakow Old Town
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Galicya
• Complimentary night is calculated by taking 33% off per night to equal one complimentary night
• Advance booking and full payment required at time of booking
• Cancellations or any changes in booking are not refundable.
Book great stay with Hot Deal special discount
Save on booking with Best Western Hot Deal:
By booking Hot Deal campaing, you save up to 30% on the Best Available Rate of the hotel, for the planned arrival date
- Hot Deal Special Rate is bookable up to 3 days prior arrival date
- Hot Deal Special Rate is bookable just on our website, with the code HQ - Hot Deal.
- Hot Deal Special Rate bookings must be paid in advance for the entire duration of stay. By confirming your reservation you agree that the entire accommodation amount is immediately charged to your credit card.
- Changes cannot be made to Hot Deal Special Rate bookings. In case of cancellation or shortened duration of stay, no refund for full or partial travel price will be provided.
- Best Western Rewards points will be issued on Hot Deal Special Rate.
Scandinavian Holiday Deals
Explore your favorite city whether it is located in Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden with these great deals; Stay 2 nights, save 20% or Stay 3 nights, save 30%.
Why not to give a weekend stay at Scandinavian Best Western hotel for a friend? Read for more!