General Terms - Best Western Travel Card
Best Western Travel Card purchased from Best Western hotels in Finland, the Baltic States and Poland as well as from Best Western Hotels Finland, Baltic States and Poland apply to these rules and conditions.
The Best Western Travel Card is referred to herein as the 'Travel Card' or collectively as 'Travel Cards.
- The Travel Card is a stored value card and is fully transferable.
- Travel Cards can contain either currencies or units.
- Travel Cards are issued in the form of a physical plastic card.
- Travel Cards issued for consideration carry no expiration date.
- In limited circumstances, Travel Cards provided as promotional awards or otherwise for promotional purposes may contain an expiration date.
- Travel Cards are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Travel Cards are not exchangeable for cash in part or other substitutions and no change will be given.
- In the United States and Canada no more than $1,000 may be associated with any Travel Card in a 24 hour period. No individual or entity may purchase more than $10,000 in Travel Cards in a 24 hour period.
- Travel Cards may not be used for third party services, prepaid reservations made through third party online travel agencies, and/or third partyconcessions located at Best Western® branded hotels.
Currency Loaded Travel Card
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be purchased at participating Best Western branded hotels worldwide, online at
- www.travelcard.bestwestern.com, through participating travel professionals, through Travel Card Customer Service, or approved retailers.
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be used toward Best Western hotel charges (any eligible service managed or operated by a Best Western branded hotel) and any applicable taxes. They may not be accepted at concessions located at a hotel not owned, operated or managed by that Best Western branded hotel.
- For currency loaded Travel Cards there is no advance reservation required.
- Currency loaded Travel Cards can be redeemed at all Best Western branded hotels worldwide.
- If a Travel Card is loaded in a currency other than the local currency of the Best Western branded hotel, the Travel Card is still redeemable and the currency will be converted within the Best Western system.
Unit Loaded Travel Card
- Unit Travel Cards can be purchased through authorized travel professionals only.
- Unit Travel Cards hold units that can only be used toward room purchase plus related room or occupancy tax and breakfast (breakfast only applicable to hotels in Europe) at Best Western branded hotels (excluding incidentals, gratuities, VAT, GST and other taxes which may apply).
- Units apply to double occupancy (single occupancy unit levels are available in Europe). Additional charge per (adult) person is one unit.
- For Unit Travel Cards, advance reservations based on AC/UC rate code are required (rooms subject to availability).
- Call Travel Card Customer Service (see contact information below) to check procedures or visit www.travelcard.bestwestern.com to find out how many Units are needed to stay at your hotel(s) of choice.
- Travel Cards loaded with special units may come under specific terms and condititions. In such cases those specific terms will be attached to the Travel Card.
Plastic Travel Cards
- Plastic Travel Cards purchased via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com can be reloaded directly via the web site, by calling Travel Card Customer
- Service (see contact information below) or at participating Best Western branded hotels worldwide (excluding Europe).
- Plastic Travel Cards ordered via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com or through Travel Card Customer Service, are available in any desired amount between EUR 25 and EUR 1,000 or equivalent in other currencies.
- The purchaser is responsible for providing an accurate mailing address and email address. Delivery of a plastic Travel Card to an incorrect but deliverable address or a non existent address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Purchasing a Travel Card via www.travelcard.bestwestern.com or Best Western Customer Service
- If a purchaser uses a credit card (e.g., American Express, MasterCard, etc.) to purchase a Travel Card in a currency other than USD, such currency must be converted to USD and may be subject to a conversion fee.
- Fee(s) subject to prevailing conversion rates. Please check with your credit card provider for more information.
- Fees for international credit card transactions may appear depending on services provided by purchaser's local bank.
- Please consult your credit card provider for specific details regarding applicable International fees.
Purchases via Travel Professionals and other channels
- If a Travel Card is purchased or reloaded through a Travel Agent, reservations should be made exclusively by the Travel Agent or by the consumer contacting Best Western directly (see contact information below).
- Travel Cards purchased through other distribution channels can only be reloaded by the issuing office.
Use of the Travel Card at a Best Western hotel
- At time of check in, guests must present their Travel Card and a personal credit card or other form of payment guarantee.
- Best Western reserves the right to request a form of security deposit in advance for expenses not covered by the Travel Card.
- Travel Cards cannot be used as a form of advance deposit or guarantee for room reservations.
- The value available on the card will be reduced by the total charges/units. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to keep track of the value of their Travel Card. Travel Card balances can be tracked online at www.travelcard.bestwestern.com. The balance may also be checked by calling Travel Card Customer Service (see contact information below).
++ 800 22 73 28 85 within Europe and most other countries, or call your local Best Western reservations office
Best Western Travel Cards ordered worldwide (except for Europe) are issued in Arizona, USA. The laws of the state of Arizona, USA, govern all terms and conditions of the Best Western Travel Cards issued in Arizona, USA. Best Western Travel Cards ordered in Europe are issued in Europe. For Travel Cards issued in Europe, the laws of Switzerland govern all terms and conditions. Each Travel Card is subject to the terms and conditions published at www.travelcard.bestwestern.com. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Terms are void where prohibited by law. © 2013 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.